FORUMS: list search recent posts

How would you handle this? Matching different microphone FCP 7 audio in FCP X. Exporting...what?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomas adjani
How would you handle this? Matching different microphone FCP 7 audio in FCP X. Exporting...what?
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:12:43 am

I have FCP 7 dialogue audio in my FCP 7 film project. It was recorded different days, different mics. Sometimes dialogue in the same scene sounds different bc it was recorded on different shoots/days/mics.

I have FCP X in order to use the Match Audio function - http://www.larryjordan.biz/fcpx-enhance-audio/

I just purchased 7toX for Final Cut Pro to get the FCP 7 material over to FCP X.

What do you suggest in terms of my process? Should I export the video and audio as XML? Just the audio that I need fixed as XML/maybe as an audio file?

Once I've worked on the audio, want to export it out of FCP X so I can use the edited audio in my FCP 7 film project.

Thanks for any tips or help anyone can provide!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: How would you handle this? Matching different microphone FCP 7 audio in FCP X. Exporting...what?
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:18:43 am

You have Sound Track Pro. It makes more sense to send the audio to an audio program not another NLE. Matchine is not an automatic magic button task.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How would you handle this? Matching different microphone FCP 7 audio in FCP X. Exporting...what?
on Feb 28, 2013 at 4:15:00 pm

Here's another vote for Soundtrack Pro.

Different microphones have different frequency response profiles and different sensitivity patterns. Matching two mics precisely isn't the job for a plugin, and it won't be a no-brainer in Soundtrack, either.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]