FORUMS: list search recent posts

Atomos disc reader cannot be read ...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart McAlister
Atomos disc reader cannot be read ...
on Feb 27, 2013 at 10:14:50 pm

Hi all,

I have come away on location with my Ninja-2 and have been shooting all day, now I want to open in FCPv7 and make a backup on a separate hard drive. I have plugged the SSD into the Atomos reader and then into my Mac laptop (OS 10.5.8 Leopard).

A warning message comes up saying the 'disk you have inserted cannot be read by this machine'.

Back at home I have a 15GB Mac Pro with Snow Leopard and the disk reader works without a hitch.

On the warning message in front of me I have 2 windows: Initialise / Ignore / Eject.

If I click on 'Initialise' then it takes me through to Disk Utility and clicking on both icons for the disk reader (see attachments), the root of the reader is ok but the disk within it, isn't.

The files on the SSD play back perfectly using the Ninja-2 itself but the computer can't see the disk reader. I cannot use 'repair disk' as in First Aid the options are not in operation.

Is this a Leopard thing or is the disk reader faulty?

I look forward to your replies ...

Stuart

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Atomos disc reader cannot be read ...
on Feb 28, 2013 at 12:54:10 am

I suspect OS. I hope you didn't actually initialsie the disk.

If you can check with Atomos they may have advice on dealing with the older OS or it may be a disk repair issue.

Return to posts index

Stuart McAlister
on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:06:42 am

Thanks for that.

On pressing 'initialise' I was taken to Disk Utility. None of the options (verify/repair disk etc) were highlighted so that wasn't an option. Had they been, I wouldn't have pressed any of them anyway.

Seeing as I can play back the files on the Ninja, I too am persuaded to think it's the OS.

Many thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 28, 2013 at 12:51:20 pm

[Stuart McAlister] "If I click on 'Initialise' then it takes me through to Disk Utility and clicking on both icons for the disk reader (see attachments), the root of the reader is ok but the disk within it, isn't."
Click the reader and see if down on the interface you have a "Mounting point" option.
If so, click it.
rafael

Return to posts index

Stuart McAlister
on Mar 5, 2013 at 3:50:00 pm

Hi all,

To close this discussion, it was the OS on my Mac laptop that wasn't up to date. The Atomos site says that the Ninja-2 requires Snow Leopard. I was running Leopard, hence it didn't show up. Once I got back to base, it worked fine on my Snow Leopard Mac Pro.

So, now you know and thanks again for your valiant efforts ...

Stuart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]