FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting 16X9 to 9X16?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Converting 16X9 to 9X16?
on Feb 27, 2013 at 6:31:44 pm

I have a potential client looking to take a series of 16X9 DVDs and convert them to 9X16 so they can be played on vertical monitors. How would I do this? Is this possible in FCP 7.03 or Motion?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Converting 16X9 to 9X16?
on Feb 27, 2013 at 7:35:17 pm

In theory. But you'd be stretching and/or cropping the material. What I've seen is that those kinds of videos are either shot with a rig that lays the camera sideways while shooting, or they are shot in high def and then comped in AfterEffects for the re-size and re-frame, for an SD output.

I too would love to hear from folks that work on these for store signage digital displays, to learn what the tricks are.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 27, 2013 at 7:46:22 pm

For one that I did, I edited sideways. Hmm...not really, my Dell monitor was set on it's side and I edited up to down. And then we delivered the final as 16:9...because the display that was showing it was ALSO laid on it's side. So it all worked out.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Feb 28, 2013 at 1:42:05 pm

Thanks Shane, But how was that done? Did you stretch the image to fit sideways? and how did you avoid the top and bottom being cut off?

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Shane Re: Converting 16X9 to 9X16?
on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:03:21 pm

Thanks Shane, But how was that done? Did you stretch the image to fit sideways? Can you tell me what steps to take. Consider it's coming off a DVD 16X9 image

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]