FORUMS: list search recent posts

Font randomly changed to italic

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Salvia
Font randomly changed to italic
on Feb 26, 2013 at 11:09:18 pm

Okay, this is a weird one. It's not super urgent because I found a suitable work around, but I just have to know what could have happened here.

I was working with a client's font type, which I didn't have, so they sent it to me. The font is Scala OT - I installed it in fontbook, reopened final cut, and everything worked and looked great.

Then I went back to make some minor changes, including changing some lower third information, and as soon as I clicked on the text track it opened up, but had changed to some weird italic looking font.

My work around is that, while the font has changed in the regular text editor, it seems to still work fine in Boris. It looks a little off to me, but it is at least close enough that I can use it with the rest of the titles. Note: none of the other titles changed - as long as I don't try to edit them they seem to stay with the original font look.

Other potentially useful info:
- I had the text nested with a lower third .png that I created in photoshop
- It's not just editing previous text - if I create a new text element it comes out italic
- I did close final cut and reopen it to make final edits

Computer: 2010 Mac Pro, 2.8 Quad
Final Cut Pro 6

Please let me know if anyone has ANY idea what this could be.

Thanks,
Justin

Return to posts index

Justin Salvia
Re: Font randomly changed to italic
on Feb 27, 2013 at 12:22:04 am

Okay, I at least found a solution.

It seems that if you disable the italic font in fontbook that fixes the problem - everything back to normal.

Still can't say what causes the problem exactly - chalk it up to a weird bug somewhere in the software?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]