FORUMS: list search recent posts

What video processing render settings do I need to get accurate colour reproduction for xyz colour space conversion for DCP creation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
What video processing render settings do I need to get accurate colour reproduction for xyz colour space conversion for DCP creation
on Feb 26, 2013 at 2:55:34 pm

I'm attempting to export a sequence from final cut with the necessary settings to ensure correct colour reproduction when converted to the xyz colour space when I ultimately create a DCP from the finished product.

I'm wondering if it's necessary to choose the Render all YUV material in high-precision YUV or if it doesn't matter. The film was shot on a Red Epic at 4k and was onlined and graded as Apple Pro Res 4444 at 4k, this is also the output codec of the final quicktime output of the film. Also, do any of the options that I select in the video processing tab actually affect anything if I am exporting as an image sequence, as I intend to export an image sequence to use with OpenDCP to create a DCI compliant film for projection in a local theatre and festival distribution.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: What video processing render settings do I need to get accurate colour reproduction for xyz colour space conversion for DCP creation
on Feb 26, 2013 at 3:47:24 pm

[Jimmy See] "I'm wondering if it's necessary to choose the Render all YUV material in high-precision YUV or if it doesn't matter."
If you have conformed your sequence to the footage (Prores444), by default, the "Render all 10b material in high Precision" should be checked. If not, check it manually your self.
If you are adding stuff that is not 10b/YUV, check "render all...in High Precision".
Any other option would crunch your Prores stuff to 8b YUV or 8b RGB, and that's not what you want.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]