FORUMS: list search recent posts

Syncing Audio To Multi-Clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Cornell
Syncing Audio To Multi-Clip
on Feb 25, 2013 at 10:45:22 pm

So I've just got in footage from an interview that was shot with 2 cameras (C300 & 5D) and then audio recorded through Zoom.

Is there a way to merge a multiclip and a separate audio source from the Zoom together to make one clip? Will the zoom audio overwrite the on camera audio?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Syncing Audio To Multi-Clip
on Feb 26, 2013 at 1:24:42 am

FCP can accommodate multi-channel audio. Why would that be necessary? Did you make a mistake when recording audio?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Spencer Averick
on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:07:24 am

Unfortunately I don't think you can merge a multiclip with an audio file, so it's best to merge video and audio before creating multiclips. I've cut many projects shot on the 5D with a separate audio source. I usually do this:

1) Drop CAM A video into a timeline without camera audio. Drop Zoom audio into same sequence and sync them up. Command+L to link. Now drag this clip from the timeline into a new bin in the browser to create a new master clip with video and Zoom audio only. Set an IN on sync point.

2) Set your IN on CAM B sync point. Now create multiclip with cams A and B. Your cam b audio will still be married into the multiclip, but you can just keep audio on cam A only while editing video into the timeline.

Or this:

1) Set an IN on the sync points for Cam A, Cam B and Zoom Audio A. In the browser, highlight Cam A and Audio A and control+click then select "merge clips". This will create your new master clip with good audio (and camera audio)

2) Highlight new merged clip and Cam B, then control+click and "create multiclip". Your new multiclip will have a bunch of audio, but just make sure to only patch the good audio in the timeline when inserting.

There might be a better way but I can usually knock these out pretty quick. Pluraleyes helps if there isn't a slate. Also, this can get messy quick so I usually make a few temp bins to avoid clutter ("Multiclips", "temp", "new master clips", etc."). You can delete your original Cam A, Cam B and Audio from the FCP browser once you create these new multiclips.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Cornell
on Feb 26, 2013 at 3:28:38 pm

Awesome...that method will work out just fine.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]