FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP to REDCINE-X Pro - Problems with XML

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Koblenz
FCP to REDCINE-X Pro - Problems with XML
on Feb 24, 2013 at 6:50:38 am

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble using XML to transfer back into REDCINE for basic color grading. I transcoded my R3Ds into ProRes 422 proxy, and I did my edit in FCP 7. When I open the XML, the edit is wrong in multiple places, doesn't line up to what it should be, takes from different places in the reference files, etc... I've tried changing some of the settings when exporting to XML, and nothing is working. Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP to REDCINE-X Pro - Problems with XML
on Feb 25, 2013 at 11:36:01 pm

How did you do the original transcode to ProRes? Did it start in Redcine X or did you use Log & Transfer.

Return to posts index

Adam Koblenz
on Feb 26, 2013 at 10:11:37 pm

I transcoded in REDCINE, and just imported the PRORES files into FCP.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Feb 26, 2013 at 10:48:36 pm

Has there been any changes to file/ folder structures from the transcode to the XML import. Red files should be unique names and should reference the folders. If you have wrong shots or right shots but wrong timecode, did you do anything like media manage the FCP project or change the ProRes file names?

Return to posts index

Adam Koblenz
on Feb 28, 2013 at 8:49:03 pm

I figured it out. The editing timebase was wrong in final cut. REDCINE was expecting 23.98. Thank you so much for your help. My only problem now is that the XML doesn't register anything but the cuts themselves, and leaves me without my rescaling, transitions, titles, etc. How should I handle this?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]