FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Export/Youtube

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Bergeron
Final Cut Export/Youtube
on Feb 22, 2013 at 7:13:05 pm

First of all, I apologize. I'm sure this topic has been tackled time and time again, so people who are tired of the topic, please don't yell at me lol...HERE'S THE DEAL...

I filmed a concert for my friend's band....and it was shot on 3 different cameras, all set to 16:9. Now that the edit is done, I am trying to load it to the band's youtube page, however,....I have the black border that wraps around the entire video,....top, bottom and both sides....why??? It's not that it looks BAD,....I just don't understand. Why doesn't it fill the screen? What am I doing wrong? I tried the stretch code,...which eliminated the side bars,...but then the picture was stretched,......and it still has top and bottom bars,....if I could stretch it THAT WAY,..it'd be fine.

For those offering solutions (if it matters) my equipment is old school,...I just don't make the money to update. I have a 2005 G5 Tower, running Final Cut Pro v.5.0.4

Here is the link to my video here, so you can see what I'm talking about. Many thanks!

also, what do you suggest for Export? My videos always seem to lose so much quality :(

Return to posts index

Kurt Bergeron
Re: Final Cut Export/Youtube
on Feb 22, 2013 at 8:41:19 pm

Ha, ironically there are no black bars on the sides in here,.....go figure....

Return to posts index

Alex Bunke
on Feb 22, 2013 at 10:08:05 pm

What are your sequence settings; and your export settings?

Return to posts index

Kurt Bergeron
on Feb 22, 2013 at 11:56:08 pm

Oop,..you mighta' nailed it Alex. I load the footage as anamorphic 16:9,....but if I got to settings in Final Cut and check under sequence settings,.....it says 720 x 480 NTSC DV (3:2) why is that??

Return to posts index

Alex Bunke
on Feb 23, 2013 at 12:12:32 am

Is the "Anamorphic" box checked on that sequence?

In other words, in FCP, are you getting any letterboxing in your canvas? Or are you seeing a 16x9 image in your canvas?

Return to posts index

Kurt Bergeron
on Feb 23, 2013 at 12:34:44 am

The image on my canvas IS letterboxed,...but anamorphic is NOT checked. When I DO check it,..the image gets stretched out wider,....and remains letterboxed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/dimnexus/notanamorphic.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/dimnexus/anamorphic.jpg

Return to posts index

Alex Bunke
on Feb 23, 2013 at 12:45:26 am

It's been awhile since I had to deal with this---what happens if you create a brand new empty sequence with the proper anamorphic setting: and then copy/paste everything in your current sequence to that one?

I'm sure someone around here could offer a more graceful explanation

Return to posts index

Kurt Bergeron
on Feb 23, 2013 at 12:47:58 am

Before I do, SHOULD IT BE 720 x 480?? or is that completely wrong for any of this to work?

Return to posts index

Alex Bunke
on Feb 23, 2013 at 12:49:04 am

It should match whatever your source clips are

Return to posts index

Alex Bunke
on Feb 23, 2013 at 12:46:32 am

Or better yet; create a new sequence, then drag any of your source clips from the browser into that new sequence; accept the change (match the clip settings to the sequence settings)--then delete that clip, THEN copy/paste your clips from your problem sequence...

Return to posts index

Kurt Bergeron
on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:01:37 am

All of my source material is gone. I can't keep files on my computer. I need a new system so friggin' badly, I just can't afford it right now. I'm one of those guys who works around the clock for people who pay little to nothing, no matter how many times I try to lay the law. This is COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC,...but a year or so ago, I got that "Neat Video" plugin for After Effects to deal with a crappy lighting situation. Well,...40 hours later,..when that was friggin' done it had created an 80GB file on my desktop,....well I couldnt leave it there so I copied it to an external and tried to delete the one on my desktop,...which sent my mac into a kernel panic and I had to shut down. I tried EVERYTHING,.....deleting through terminal, altering something in the file and saving it as new hoping that would delete the problem,...well,....it did,....or so I thought....but I was still missing the 80gbs of room,.....I restarted and the problem file that AFter Effects created was in my trash, but the icon had turned into a folder,.....not a movie file,.....and I couldnt delete the file,....kernel panics,..............SO, lol,....I took my friend's computer and made HIS drive the "parent" drive and tried to delete from mine,....not only did it not work, but it sent HIS drive into kernel panic also,..........when I reconnected everything back to normal,...not only was I still out the 80gbs,.....but the file was gone......I can't find it for the life of me,...I've done searches just based on size etc,...nothing. So I think the board is really messed up on this thing,..it's like a ghost file tattooed into the system,.....I've tried searching for it by size only,...nothing. I was going to try to wipe the whole system,....to see if that would work,...but these requests that hardly pay anything dont stop coming it,...so I do the best with the space I don't have. Bottom line,...I finished the edit,....burned it off,...and deleted everything else for space when it was done.

Return to posts index

Alex Bunke
on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:05:07 am

Ah okay; so all you have is your final rendered video; which is 4x3 letterboxed?

In that case; if you really want it to play fullscreen on YouTube, I'd create like a 1280x720 or 960x540 square pixel sequence in FCP; drag your letterboxed final file into that sequence, do NOT match sequence settings to clip settings; then manually scale up your video so that it fills the window and eliminates the black bars

Not ideal, and you'll lose some quality of course.

Return to posts index

Alex Bunke
on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:06:32 am

If it's an h.264 final render you might have better luck doing this in After Effects, as FCP has trouble with h.264 files

Return to posts index

Kurt Bergeron
on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:16:38 am

interesting,......alright,....yeah it has been h.264. I know I dont have the BEST equipment but I do the best I can with what I have so the loss of quality on youtube already bugs the crap out of me. The more compressed the image is,...the better it actually looks,...especially since this utilized the neat video effect as well, as my friend's camera performed MISERABLY in the low light,...GRAIN CITY,...so that footage is a little blury,..as that's what neat video does, but I made the mistake of blowing that up to a tv once,......GOOD LORD ;)

Return to posts index

Kurt Bergeron
on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:10:44 am

You think it's better to just leave it alone? You saw it (I assume) :D it's just bordered, but I can try that as well. At least do a comparison. It seems like making sure the youtube window is filled is a professional requirement.

Return to posts index

Alex Bunke
on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:12:17 am

I'd do the comparison and see how it looks; can't hurt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]