FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 General error.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Griffin Douglas
Final Cut Pro 7 General error.
on Feb 22, 2013 at 1:55:00 am

Hello, I am relatively new to final cut pro, although I know how to use it and can navigate myself through.
Anyways. When ever I import my footage (T2I footage) Final cut says that the sequence I am using Is not approprite for the file, and it gives me a option were I can optimize the sequence to match my footage. So of course I click yes to fix my sequence, when all of the sudden my timeline goes away, and gives me a message saying "General error" And thats it. I can not re-open the sequence.
Thanks In advance!
~Griffin

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 General error.
on Feb 22, 2013 at 3:12:09 am

I'm going to guess that you did not convert the raw H.264 files the camera shoots into ProRes...did you? Just dragged in the files and tried to start editing?

FCP doesn't like H.264. You must convert to ProRes before editing. Here's the tutorial on working with tapeless media in FCP 7:

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brian Stokes
on Feb 22, 2013 at 4:38:50 pm

Use either MPEG Streamclip or 5DtoRGB to convert your footage to any ProRes codec first. I would suggest ProRes LT. Both of those applications are free.

iStoker.net

Return to posts index

Johan Windh
on Feb 25, 2013 at 9:59:55 am

My issues are perhaps not directly related to what is discussed here, but I did however get "General Error" messages during a recent output to QT.

I work in ProRes 422 HQ and had some clips (rendered in the same codec) of stills from AE. When the cut was locked I did a basic color grade via Color and after this step I did get the G.E. message.

I narrowed it down to some (not all) of my AE-clips AFTER they had been to Color. After replacing these clips with the ones that had NOT been to Color (these clips were not graded in the first place) the output went just fine.

No idea why.

Just thought I should share this.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]