FORUMS: list search recent posts

need h3lp ASAP!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Carrasco
need h3lp ASAP!!
on Feb 20, 2013 at 4:11:36 am

so i was editing this project for school and im all done, but the problem is that when i export to quick time movie all i get is a green screen and my video's audio. can someone please help me resolve this problem???

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: need h3lp ASAP!!
on Feb 20, 2013 at 5:50:49 pm

I'm going to guess that your source footage is in the H.264 codec...that you didn't convert the footage to ProRes before editing it.

Is that the case?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Carlos Carrasco
on Feb 20, 2013 at 6:32:23 pm

To be honest I have no idea. It's for a class and it's my second project I don't know anything abt codecs. :/
Someone told me that I need to compress..i don't know what that means either

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 20, 2013 at 6:47:15 pm

Ah...then that is most likely the issue. I just want to ask what camera was used to shoot this, so I can have that in the back of my mind.

Now...how to get this to work...

Go into the SEQUENCE menu and choose SETTINGS. Under QUICKTIME VIDEO SETTINGS, click on the COMPRESSOR drop down menu and choose APPLE PRORES 422. CLick OK.

Render everything again. Now try to export.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Carlos Carrasco
on Feb 20, 2013 at 6:49:33 pm

I'm using a Nikon D3100 and thanks ill do that's as soon as I get out of my class. Thanks again I hope it works. Btw will I have to do this everytime for future videos?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 20, 2013 at 7:06:33 pm

In the future, if you want to continue using FCP 7 (or 6...what version are you using?)...anything before FCP-X...you need to convert the footage the camera shoots to ProRes BEFORE you edit. FCP doesn't work with just any Quicktime format. Huge issues arise if you try...as you can see.

And yes, ProRes files are much larger than the camera originals. So get a decent sized hard drive to edit these on. And archive the originals, in their original file structure, onto hard drives that you store. Those are your masters...your tapes if you will. Keep them separate.

YOu can convert to ProRes using Compressor (free, came with FCP) or MPEG STREAMCLIP (also free)

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Carlos Carrasco
on Feb 20, 2013 at 7:08:32 pm

I'm using FCP 7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]