FORUMS: list search recent posts

swinging panel plugin

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
swinging panel plugin
on Feb 19, 2013 at 8:41:32 pm

Anyoen know where to get a plugin that emulates that swinging panel effect that USA Network uses... either on text or on images. Got a client who wants to use that in a spot. thanks!

MotionFoundry, Inc. Video Post
Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: swinging panel plugin
on Feb 19, 2013 at 9:06:55 pm

You talking about the effect that you see all over TBS? Looks like a sign swinging down? If you've got FCP X, there's a plugin called tramsimatic from SquidEFX that does exactly that and more! Super easy to use and looks great. Otherwise, you'll need Motion or After Effects to do it.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 19, 2013 at 9:09:08 pm

Thanks! Yeah that's the one. I was gonna do it in After Effects but figured it would take less time if there was a pluggin. I have a copy of FCPX but I'm still using FCP7 and transitioning to PPro.

Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 19, 2013 at 10:31:48 pm

You should be able to set up a passible imitation in apple motion in just a few minutes, then import the element back into FCP 7.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 20, 2013 at 2:11:12 pm

Ive done it a few times. The key to making it look plausible is that each swing takes the same length of time, no matter how far. Just in case you've forgotten high school physics. And ease in/out of course.

Could possibly do it in FCP with 3D filter, but it'd probably be crap.

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 20, 2013 at 3:34:45 pm

thanks!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Feb 19, 2013 at 11:07:45 pm

there's a free FCP7 plugin from Alex 4D
http://alex4d.wordpress.com/finalcut/

nick

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Feb 20, 2013 at 3:34:22 pm

thanks. that looks like it's a full screen transition. I need to take separate panels in a quasi 3D space. Maybe AE is the way to go. thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]