FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7.03 crashes on L and T

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Belanger
FCP 7.03 crashes on L and T
on Feb 19, 2013 at 5:37:54 pm

Hey Guys

Tried to get hold of guru Shane Ross on this one. I have been using FCP6 and reluctantly updated to 7 a few days ago. I never had any issue with 6 but outside files and my laptop are both on 7. Funnily enough when I use Log and Transfer on my laptop I have zero issues but on the Mac Pro running 10.6.5
I have always had L&T crash just seconds after opening the tab in fcp 6 . I though upgrading to 7 might resolve this but alas no luck. FCP 7.03 still crashes maybe 10 seconds after opening the tab.
I got ClipWrap2 so that might solve any issues in the future but still want to know why it is closing the application.

Mike Belanger
Dandelion Picture and Sound

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 7.03 crashes on L and T
on Feb 19, 2013 at 6:17:18 pm

Here I am!

Trash your preferences lately? That solves a lot of issues. Preference Manager from digitalrebellion.com does that with one click of a button, and it is free.

And what format are you trying to L&T? Just curious.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Belanger
on Feb 19, 2013 at 6:50:59 pm

Hey thanks Shane...yes have done the trash pref thing long time ago... never did much. Keep in mind once I upped to 7 it automatically trashed prefs. As for format... never even get to that point as I simply click L&T and before I can even point to the file it crashes all of FCP.. Did it in 6 and now 7 so I am not sure what it is. maybe a plug in that it simply does not like??

mike b

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 19, 2013 at 6:59:53 pm

Hmmm...

Run REPAIR PERMISSIONS with the Disk Utility. And did you install FCP 7 on top of FCP 6? Or clean install?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Belanger
on Feb 19, 2013 at 7:27:29 pm

No clean install... way too many plug ins to re install . From what I can see.. others have done the clean install and still had crashes BUT I will do permissions again to see what happens.. Can't hurt that is for sure.

mike b

Return to posts index

Michael Belanger
on Feb 21, 2013 at 9:38:54 pm

Well no luck yet... I am running the exact same version of FCP on my laptop and it does not crash when I open L and T... Now it has much less stuff on it than my Mac Pro...I have cards and of course drivers for those cards so maybe something is wiggy... The only thing that is different btwn the laptop and the MP is the OS is a bit newer running 10.6.8 vs 10.6.5....

Is there a fast way of removing the plug ins for FCP without causing damage...??? Certainly don't want to have to reload them all that's for sure...

I'll see if my Black Magic drivers are up to date

mb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]