FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing multiple clips separately??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Kay
Compressing multiple clips separately??
on Feb 17, 2013 at 6:33:44 pm

I am working in FCP 7. I have a sequence of small (20-30 second) clips. They are individual fitness exercises. There are about 150 of them. They need to all be made into individual videos. HELP!

What workflow would make sense? I really want a way to send them all to a compressor (Quicktime Conversion or Compressor are my usual choices) and leave while it does all the work. But I do not know how that workflow happens. Do I have to make them all into their own sequences and then somehow batch export them to compressor, apply settings, and hit GO!? If it's something like that please enlighten me, and even better if I don't have to create all new sequences. I originally thought I'd be able to put in/out points around a video and then send to compressor and repeat with the next video and so on, but that doesn't seem to work because they come up in different tabs in Compressor not as different Jobs in the same tab. As you can tell I am very confused and need a workflow.
I really just DO NOT want to compress one, wait, repeat.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Compressing multiple clips separately??
on Feb 17, 2013 at 7:45:43 pm

If each small project is a unique sequence, then you can simply select all the sequences and send them to Compressor. Answer that you want to keep them unique and the application will create a big batch. Copy in the destinations and conversion droplet and hit "submit".

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Spencer Averick
on Feb 17, 2013 at 9:10:31 pm

Just so I'm clear, you have 150 different stand alone "segments" that are all in the same timeline? And you've trimmed them down to your liking in this timeline?

Return to posts index

Bobby Kay
on Feb 17, 2013 at 9:49:24 pm

Yes Spencer that's what I have.

And thanks Joe, that's a decent workflow, still a pain to make 150 sequences out of 1, but it beats the alternative

Return to posts index

Spencer Averick
on Feb 17, 2013 at 10:03:49 pm

Another option would be this-
In the timeline go to your 1st clip, hit X to mark it, then cmd+e to export a Quicktime Movie, make sure "keep self-contained" is deselected then hit okay and send it to a new folder. Repeat 149 times.
After you make the 1st export, you won't have to change anything except the file name, and each export will take about 2 seconds because they aren't self-contained. This might be faster than creating new sequences for each, maybe.
After they're all exported, you can bring them all into Compressor for a batch transcode.

Return to posts index

Bobby Kay
on Feb 17, 2013 at 10:14:40 pm

Excellent Spencer! I think that's a good route for me. Thank you

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Feb 17, 2013 at 10:25:28 pm

dont work from the timeline, as you have to export each one separately.
you can copy all in the timeline and paste into a new bin.

now you can do a batch export:
QuickTime Movie,
Same settings
NOT self contained
USE IN TO OUT

OR, one you have your bin full of clips, try what Joseph suggested.

nick

Return to posts index

Spencer Averick
on Feb 17, 2013 at 10:44:15 pm

Right, duh, I forgot you can retain the in and out points if you move the clips from timeline to browser. This is 100x faster.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]