FORUMS: list search recent posts

File comes with 8 linked files and the movie file will not play without them.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abisheik Khanna
File comes with 8 linked files and the movie file will not play without them.
on Feb 15, 2013 at 6:01:08 pm

Hello there,

First of all, my name is Abisheik, and this is my first time posting in this forum. I apologise for not using the correct terminology but hopefully will get my point across in a simple way.

I am quite familiar with Final Cut Pro, but I used to only use it as a hobbyist before. I used to export my projects as a H.264 format. I have just recently started using the software professionally, and doing projects for other people. I am new to the Apple Pro Res format. Because I film with a DSLR camera, I convert my footage to Pro Res 422 so that I can edit on Final Cut Pro. This information also came to me recently as I wasn't aware of this before.

However, when I export my projects, I go to File - Export - Export as a Quicktime movie. I use the current settings because it's already on Pro Res and I tick Self-Contained Movie.

The file exports perfectly and it works, but it comes with several other files with the same name to support this particluar file. For example, if my exported file was called Project.mov then the supporting files would be called Project. Av1, Project. Av2, Project Av3 etc....and it would be around 6 or 7 of them. These files do not open, but if I delete these files then my original file would not work.

When I export my project to h.264 then this doesn't happen.

Does anyone know why this could be and how I could avoid this?

Thank you for your help.

Abisheik.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: File comes with 8 linked files and the movie file will not play without them.
on Feb 15, 2013 at 7:14:03 pm

Your drive that you are exporting to no doubt is formatted as FAT32. That format has a file size limit of 4GB, so if a file is too big, it gets broken up into parts.

Drives on Macs should be formatted as MacOS Extended...there is no file size limit with that format.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Abisheik Khanna
Re: File comes with 8 linked files and the movie file will not play without them.
on Feb 18, 2013 at 5:22:47 pm

Hi Shane,

Thank you for that information. I wasn't aware of this. However, one of the projects I exported to my Mac drive rather than my external harddrive and this still occurs. The footage is saved on my hard drive but I export the project to my Mac. Could the hard drive be the reason for this?

Thanks.

Abisheik.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 18, 2013 at 5:45:39 pm

OK...look in your SYSTEM SETTINGS. Do you have LIMIT CAPTURE/EXPORT LIMIT checked off? That should be unchecked.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Abisheik Khanna
on Feb 22, 2013 at 9:39:04 pm

Hi Shane,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, I have checked the system settings and this is unchecked.

Abisheik.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]