FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video getting dark when uploading it to FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claudia Wilson
Video getting dark when uploading it to FCP
on Feb 15, 2013 at 4:15:45 pm

Hi guys, I`m editing a demo reel and I have no problem with any material, except for one video, which is a little under exposed but when I upload it to FCP it looks darker than it does when playing it on quicktime, just that one video.

The settings are:

Dimentions: 1929 x 1080
Codecs: MPEG-2 Video, Linear PCM, Timecode
Color Profile: HD (1-1-1)

Thank you :)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Video getting dark when uploading it to FCP
on Feb 15, 2013 at 5:45:49 pm

First off...you need to convert that format to an editing codec...like ProRes. FCP doesn't work with MPEG-2 natively...not well. Anything that isn't a codec you find in the Easy Setups needs to be converted.

Second...QT playback and the FCP interface rarely match. The interface in FCP isn't to be used as reference at all...ever. It isn't designed to be used as reference to how it will really look. It's designed to show you what you are doing. To see what it really looks like, you need an external monitor and IO device to get the signal to that monitor. FCP 7 was designed with broadcast in mind.

FCX will show you better...as will Adobe PRemiere Pro. Both of those are designed to show you what your footage will really look like on a computer display.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Claudia Wilson
on Feb 18, 2013 at 6:06:51 pm

The problem is not using the playback as reference, it`s that when I export it it stills looks way darker in quicktime, and the rest of the videos i am using in this project doesn`t, just this one. I converted it to APR 422 and it gets dark too, the same converting it to apple animation, it`s really strange, and I can`t correct it with color correction or something like that because it`s a Demo Reel for a cinematographer, so I can`t change any of the materials tones or anything. CanĀ“t figure it out. Any other help would be really appreciated.

Return to posts index

Claudia Wilson
on Apr 19, 2013 at 5:46:53 pm

Thanks, converting to APRes made it. Very grateful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]