FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export from Final Cut Pro 7 takes forever! Why?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vic Noseworthy
Export from Final Cut Pro 7 takes forever! Why?
on Feb 15, 2013 at 4:46:18 am

Hi folks,
I've finished a project in FCP7 and want to simply export as a QT movie, using the current settings. (FYI: It's not a stand-alone movie). When I used to do this using FCE4, it would happen very quickly (like, say, 2 minutes for a 6-minute movie). I'm currently exporting from FCP7 (about a 30-minute movie), and it appears it will take at least an hour. (Note: the job didn't complete because I need to clear stuff off my hard drive). Anyways, I'm just wondering if FCP7 normally takes longer than FCE4 to export a QT movie. Perhaps it's because the sequence is a higher bit rate or something?
Any thoughts/help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Vic

Return to posts index

Spencer Averick
Re: Export from Final Cut Pro 7 takes forever! Why?
on Feb 15, 2013 at 5:50:09 am

Do your sequence settings match your footage format? If not then FCP will render upon export and will take much longer. If you take a screenshot of the timeline and post I can tell for sure.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 15, 2013 at 10:07:29 am

With the details you give about what is on your time-line is impossible to try to figure out the reason of the slow speed.
rafael

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Feb 16, 2013 at 4:26:29 am

Is everything rendered or is it a Long GOP format that needs to reconform on output?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Vic Noseworthy
on Feb 16, 2013 at 8:13:50 am

Hi guys, and thanks for your responses.
I just switched from FCE4 to FCP7 and don't know how to set up a new project for the equipment I'm using. I shot all of the video on a small camcorder (specifically, a Canon Vixia HF M400). I've set up the FCP7 project to use this codec: Apple ProRes 422 LT
The reason I didn't just go with Apple Intermediate Codec is because I do a lot of compositing and I want to maintain as much quality as possible. Is there another codec you'd suggest for use with footage from the aforementioned camera?
Again, thanks so much for your help.
Vic

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 16, 2013 at 9:39:36 am

[Vic Noseworthy] "The reason I didn't just go with Apple Intermediate Codec is because I do a lot of compositing and I want to maintain as much quality as possible. Is there another codec you'd suggest for use with footage from the aforementioned camera?"
On FCE you had no choice, but now you have many.. Avoid using AIC.
Whatever the source of the footage, is worth to use Prores or ProresLT.
The rendering will takes always longer because is in 10b,, then depends on the complexity of your sequence (Effects, animations, layers, compositing modes,..) and the power of your system.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]