FORUMS: list search recent posts

Out of Memory conundrum

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris McElroy
Out of Memory conundrum
on Feb 14, 2013 at 4:00:32 am

I have a small project using video shot by someone in Europe at 25 fps. I have several still images, but the whole video is only 2.5 minutes and not very complex. I've loaded this same project on 2 different systems and whenever I try to render, I get the dreaded Out of Memory. My photos are all jpegs and the project fils is only 650kb. any ideas?
thanks

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: Out of Memory conundrum
on Feb 14, 2013 at 4:09:46 am

What are the dimensions and file sizes of the JPEGs?

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Feb 14, 2013 at 4:21:23 am

Use photoshop to convert all the images to png in RGB space, with the smallest possible resolution that allows them to look good. As in, if you have a 1080 sequence, and a 3600x1800 pixel image that you use full frame with no scale. Make that image 2000x? and save as a PNG. Then replace those in your sequence. Adjust your scaling and moves to fit, and I think you'll find your render are successful.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Chris McElroy
on Feb 14, 2013 at 4:47:51 am

Thanks, I'll try this. One of my images was 13MB. I scaled it smaller but still have the problem. I'll try converting all to png.
thanks

Return to posts index

Spencer Averick
on Feb 14, 2013 at 5:38:11 am

What dimensions did you scale it to? Fcp struggles to handle any images that are large in dimension like 2500x2000 for instance. Resize an image in PS so that there are no number values above 1900 or so and it'll render fine. You can keep it jpg.

Return to posts index

Chris McElroy
on Feb 14, 2013 at 11:42:29 pm

Thanks very much to all for the advice. I scaled the images to under 2000 and everything cleared up and worked. Lesson learned.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]