FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohammad Tavakoli
Multiclip editing
on Feb 13, 2013 at 8:31:52 pm

I'm currently working on a documentary that is being edited on FCP 7. A lot of the scenes were shot with multiple Canon 7D cameras. Since all cameras weren't continuously shooting, somebody suggested that we sync both cameras using plural eyes on different tracks of a timeline and export each track as a separate mov reference file (not self contained). Then we imported both reference files and linked them as a multiclips. This made our editing process much easier but we are worried that when we export and xml and go to Davinci Resolve for color grading, the camera metadata would not transfer since our xml would be referring to a reference file which is connected to our video files.

I would appreciate it someone could tell me if this will actually be a problem or not. OR perhaps there is a completely better way to go about this.

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Multiclip editing
on Feb 13, 2013 at 8:43:45 pm

Stop what you are doing. That process will most definitely result in huge issues in going to Resolve.

Better way...use PluralEyes to sync.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mohammad Tavakoli
Re: Multiclip editing
on Feb 21, 2013 at 1:13:33 pm

Thanks Shane!

We also did some experiments with Davinci and you were right. It wasn't able to recognize the files.

I guess we just have to stack the two camera clips on top of eachother for now and disable the one we don't need. We can delete the extra files once we have a locked cut of the film.

Thanks again for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]