FORUMS: list search recent posts

FInal Cut Keeps Losing Connection

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Whitestone
FInal Cut Keeps Losing Connection
on Feb 11, 2013 at 4:38:51 pm

I'm having a very weird issue with one of my projects for a company I'm helping. I'm using FCP 7 and the company has it set up that all the footage is stored on an external server which is then connected to my CPU by a 1GB Ethernet Cable.

I used Log & Transfer to import all the footage like normal and it all seemed to be fine. The project then wasn't touched for a week and when re-opened more than half of the files lost their connection. I go to reconnect and my listing in Finder is jumping around, making duplicates, highlighting 10-15 different Clip names and then when I do click on the file it's a different clip than expected.

The clips are still listed 1-110 but when I go into Finder I see 1,1,3,4,5,6,45. There are duplicates and clips missing, I then restart the computer and a new list comes up with different media missing. When I go directly to the server though I see all the clips there listed in perfect order, no problems.

I come back to where the Macs are and check and 2 other Macs(3 total) are having the same problem. Two running Mountain Lion and one running Snow Leopard. There are a few PCs in the room too so I check on them and everything is in order, so it's only the Macs that are having this viewing problem.

I've had two IT guys check it out and they say it's nothing wrong with the server(the server has the correct footage) and they don't know why it would only be Macs that are affected...

I also checked 5 other projects that are connected to the same server through the same 1GB connection and they are all perfect. Files are connected and working. We tried moving the files directly from the server to a different folder, I tried creating a whole new project and dumping the original files into that project, pretty much everything short of Logging and Transfering again I've tried.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this would be happening to this one project on Macs only and any other steps to maybe help?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FInal Cut Keeps Losing Connection
on Feb 11, 2013 at 8:42:25 pm

Is this a regular, plain vanilla network that companies usually use to network computers and data? Or is this a server specifically designed for the rigors and needs of video editing?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ron Whitestone
Re: FInal Cut Keeps Losing Connection
on Feb 11, 2013 at 8:51:30 pm

to be completely honest I'm not that familiar with servers. I do know that they pretty much made this server as high end as possible and I have never had any problems editing off it before. Not even so much as a slow down in response time, this has been the first problem I've ever had with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]