FORUMS: list search recent posts

Joining jpegs to create a single clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Clewlow
Joining jpegs to create a single clip
on Feb 10, 2013 at 12:40:22 pm

Hello, is there any function in fcp7 that can join together a lot of individual time lapse jpegs into a single clip to make them easier to work with? I dont wish to use QT or export as a clip from fcp if possible...
Cheers

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Joining jpegs to create a single clip
on Feb 10, 2013 at 1:25:50 pm

well, yes, and no.

whats wrong with using QT?
that is the way to do it.

use QT player7,
File Menu> open image sequence,
navigate to your 1st stil, follow the prompts.

you would be best to export as a self contained file in a format FCP likes.

you *could* import the frame sin to FCP (1st set your still / freeze duration to 1 fr in user prefs)
plonk them into a sequence and use that as a nest.

see how you go, could get slow and cumbersome.

nick

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 10, 2013 at 1:49:44 pm

If you have to deal with lot of stills, start by increasing the "Still Cache" (Preferences).
Is well known that FC do not likes managing big amount of stills, but some times works better than others.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Phil Sheldon
on Feb 11, 2013 at 11:46:38 am

dont know if it helps, but when i recently did a time lapse project, i opened each batch of stills in after effects, using the 'import as footage' (i think) option

then exported from there and edited filmes in fcp

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 11, 2013 at 6:40:22 pm

[Phil Sheldon] " i opened each batch of stills in after effects, using the 'import as footage' (i think) option"

I suspect you imported them as an image sequence into After Effects. As long as the files are in ascending numerical order, it works like a charm.

There's a gotcha, however: AE defaults to assigning a frame rate of 30fps, which exists nowhere in the real world: it's 29.97. It's easily changed in AE's Interpret Footage settings, and you can change the default if you wish.

Another gotcha: DO NOT interpret film-frame-rate footage as 23.98. Interpret it as the actual film frame rate, 23.976.
Or, it you're working on a feature film and you know for a fact the frame rate should be 24, 24 is okay.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]