I will try to make this as simple as i can. (Screenshots are below)
1. Created simple layered .psd file in PS.
2. Import .psd into FCP Browser
3. Double click the .psd file in browser to bring up sequence / each layer is correctly named.
4. Select all layers, then Copy.
5. Go to my sequence i want to edit with and Paste.
6. Now layers are renamed to the .psd filename? No layers like Main, istoker all, video, s, t, o, etc....
This became a problem years ago, but back in the day, not sure what version of FCP. Maybe like FCP 3 or below, i used to never have this problem. (I have used FCP since FCP 1.0)
After copy pasting the layers, the new sequence would keep the correct layer name.
Not too huge of an issue, but just wondered if anyone else has ever had this problem or what i am doing wrong?