FCP 7.03 Strange relinking problems with RT playback

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Ash
FCP 7.03 Strange relinking problems with RT playback
on Feb 8, 2013 at 9:39:50 pm

Hi there,
I have a bit of a strange problem.
I have been working on a project that I wanted to transfer to another machine.
The original project media was Prores444.
I retranscoded all my footage all to Pro Res422LT.
I made a copy of the original project (using 'save as' in Fcp)
and relinked all the media in the browser to the new LT versions.
So far so good, everything in the browser and the seqs relinked fine.
I opened my edits and changed the sequence settings to LT from 444 and everything now needs rendering. Fair enough.
However, even if i make a new sequence, and drop one of the newly linked LT shots from the browser into it with safe RT on it says the shot needs rendering, even though the sequence settings are the same (taken from the clip I dropped into it).
If i reimport exactly the same LT media into the project again from the same drive and place it in the same sequence it plays fine with no rendering.

I'm using FCP 7.03 on both machines on a macro running 10.6 at work and 10.7 at home, but had the same issue on both machines.
It doesn't seem to be a disk speed issue because it did the same thing when linking to the new LT media on the server at work which is super fast.

I'm stumped.
Any ideas greatly appreciated. I'm going to try a few things tomorrow but if anyone has fixed the same issue you could save me a ton of headache!
Thanks in advance
Sean
PS I'm in the UK and probably working in the daytime tomorrow so any lack of quick reply is due to time differences rather than rudeness!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]