FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hope Holmesby
Replace footage
on Feb 8, 2013 at 7:08:26 pm

Hi, thank you for your attention...apprecitate.

Am trying to replace footage, but keeps saying I cant. Am dragging from browser or viewer, the clip to the 'replace' box, after having selected the clip in timeline I want to replace. the clip wanted to be replaced has a dissolve at each end. the new clip is plenty long to fit and nothing has in and out settings. Have even tried by taking off the dissolves. Still doesnt work.

Mystified.

Thanks.

Warmly,
Hope

Life is here to enjoy.

iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 2TB; Mac OS 10.6.8, 16 GB RAM; 2 La Cie external HDs 1 TB each; After Effects CS5.5; Sound Track Pro 3.0.1; Final Cut Pro 7.0.3; Compressor 3.5.3

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Replace footage
on Feb 8, 2013 at 8:57:52 pm

Have you marked the replacement area on the timeline with In/Out markers?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Hope Holmesby
on Feb 8, 2013 at 9:10:57 pm

Joseph, thank you for answering....really appreciate

I havent marked any in and out points, but I just did and tried it and it is still not working....oh boy...
What do you think, kind one.
I select clip in timeline, then maked the in and out and that clip in timeline, then dragged the new very long clip in to 'replace' box and no go. its alerting that it cant be replace due to the clip not being selected. But the clip is selected and it is connected to the media in the browser window.

Warmly,
Hope

Life is here to enjoy.

iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 2TB; Mac OS 10.6.8, 16 GB RAM; 2 La Cie external HDs 1 TB each; After Effects CS5.5; Sound Track Pro 3.0.1; Final Cut Pro 7.0.3; Compressor 3.5.3

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 8, 2013 at 9:21:12 pm

It matches up the playhead placement. So if your replacement clip is plenty long enough, but your playhead is at the beginning or end, there very well may not be enough "handles" on a particular side of the playhead.

Return to posts index

Hope Holmesby
on Feb 8, 2013 at 9:50:52 pm

Bret, thanks for the replay....
Tried as you mention...putting the playhead at the beginning of the clip to be replace.....nothing...

Well, it says, check the target track....not sure what that means, but both clips are photo jpep video only.
Maybe FCP doesnt like photo jpegs.....

sigh...

wamly,
hope

Life is here to enjoy.

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
on Feb 8, 2013 at 10:19:05 pm

Make sure you have your tracks assigned. Video is going to V1 or what ever video track you want it to go to.

Steve.

Return to posts index

Hope Holmesby
on Feb 8, 2013 at 10:32:40 pm

Steven...wow....that was it, the final thing to do. all three of you gave critical points, without any of these it is not working but with all 3 points, it is working.

....the V1 was on the right track but it wasn't clicked fully in....
I am so excited. You guys are so great.....soooooo appreciate.

WOW

Have nice day all of you...

Warmly, Hope

Life is here to enjoy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]