FORUMS: list search recent posts

screen grabs from website

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
screen grabs from website
on Feb 7, 2013 at 7:08:14 pm

I'm editing a video for a client that wants to show several forms from their website in the video. They've sent me screen captures and I've also tried capturing screen grabs on my mac. The problem is their screens are really "wordy" with small type. It's like grabbing a word document to use in video.

When I capture them they are just 72dpi files, Unfortunately they are not very clear. I asked them to use Camtasia to capture them as HD video images, but they are not real Camtasia savvy.

Neither they nor I am happy with the quality of these images. I'm wondering if anyone here as a suggestion. They are not a local company, and do not have much budget, so using a scan converter is not an option. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: screen grabs from website
on Feb 7, 2013 at 7:47:31 pm

Hi Greg

I use Screenflow for this. I am not familiar with Camtasia so cant comment on any comparison.
But Screnflow works well and there is a free demo.
http://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 FCP7
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 FCP7

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 7, 2013 at 8:07:44 pm

I use the same thing, even for websites that we feature on broadcast TV shows. It's very good. You edit INSIDE it...not in another app. That helps keep the quality high

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Feb 7, 2013 at 8:20:56 pm

If you are on a MAC;

Use the Command/Apple and + keys to enlarge the website. Command and - to shrink it back.

Use the Grab program in the Utilities folder to get a screen shot of the window or any part of the website you select.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Feb 8, 2013 at 1:41:26 am

Duhhhhh....Why didn't I think of that? I never though of zooming in first!!!

Thanks Joe!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 8, 2013 at 2:59:32 pm

I do as Joe does - I use the grab tool so often, I keep it in the doc. But you can also sometimes print the screen as a PDF, and now that it is vectorized... well, you can blow it up relatively easily, while retaining sharpness.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]