FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animation with FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Wookey
Animation with FCP 7
on Feb 6, 2013 at 12:02:05 pm

Just received my animation clips back and need to start new project for edit .Clip settings are Compressor Animation, Frame size 1024x768, Frame rate is mixed 10 & 23.98. How do i do this in a timeline what frame rate and compressed do you recommend .The Animation is 5minutes long made on Flash

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Animation with FCP 7
on Feb 6, 2013 at 5:27:31 pm

FCP was designed to edit broadcast formats and frame rates....and this isn't one. In order to edit this in FCP you'd need to convert the Animation codec to ProRes, but then the frame dimensions will be an issue. Those are computer monitor dimensions, and FCP works with SD 4:3 or HD 16:9 dimensions...720x480, 720x486, 960x720 (anamorphic), 1280x720, 1440x1080 (anamorphic), 1920x1080...and then up to 2K (2048x1152).

And FCP doesn't do 10fps.

Your best options are not to use FCP. You can use Screenflow, that is designed to capture and edit computer monitors...or Adobe Premiere Pro, which is more accepting of non-standard formats. Adobe CS6 has a free 30 day demo..

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Terry Wookey
on Feb 6, 2013 at 6:28:16 pm

Hi Shane. This is how the animator made this different frame rates he sent clips in .mov & .avi and some flash files. I have adobe premier pro CS5.5 but how do get this project up to broadcast standard any advice please. This is my first animation project the animator has his own production company and has been doing project for film and tv for years

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 6, 2013 at 6:36:37 pm

If the intention is for this animation to be broadcast, then it needs to be done at 1920x1080, and 24fps...or 23.98fps. They can do the typical thing of repeating frames, so they have 12 images per second...just repeated for two frames. But really...it's up to them to make the animation fit the broadcast specs. It needs to be a frame size, and frame rate, that fits in the broadcast spec.

10fps is far from broadcast spec, and those frame dimensions aren't either. I guess you could crop the image to fit into the needed frame size, but they at least need to get you 24fps.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Terry Wookey
on Feb 7, 2013 at 2:36:43 pm

Thanks for you help I will contact the animation company to fix it
Regards
Terry

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Feb 7, 2013 at 6:01:12 pm

...Thinking maybe Compressor would be something to try -- it doesn't have to obey the same rules as FCP. I'd suggest SHAKE, which is old school, but --- actually capable of many things.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Terry Wookey
on Feb 8, 2013 at 12:07:47 pm

Many Thanks will talk to animation company if no joy will try Compressor
Terry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]