FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing 4:3 SD from a Canon XH A1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Buckner
Capturing 4:3 SD from a Canon XH A1
on Feb 2, 2013 at 5:33:25 am

Hey everyone
I've been scouring the internet a long time looking for an answer to this question. Cannot figure it out.
I'm capturing miniDV footage from my XH A1 that I shot in SD 4:3 mode. For capture settings, I cannot for the live of me figure out what frame size to use. Canon itself says that it records in "SD (4:3): 1080 x 1080; Approx. 1.17 Megapixels" but when I use that framesize in the capture settings, it doesn't look right at all. I tried doing it in 720x480 cause I heard that was what DV was suppose to be, but that didn't look right either. This is for a really important project so I'm getting antsy. I've tried all kinds of different options. Any help is really really appreciated.

-Dave

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Capturing 4:3 SD from a Canon XH A1
on Feb 2, 2013 at 9:42:56 am

The SD that that camera shoots is not standard , so f you have recorded SD, I think that you have to set the camera to put out standard DV through the FW.
Then chose the NTSC-DV 48Khz capture preset if you have shoot 4/3 or the NTSC-DV Anamorphic 48Khz if you have shot 16x9.
Is the camera the one that must downconvert the 1440x1080 or 1080x1080 to DV.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

David Buckner
on Feb 2, 2013 at 6:54:15 pm

If I wanted to use the biggest frame size possible, would I downconvert it to NTSC-DV? Is there anyway to capture the footage but not have it down convert, and it still be in 4:3?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 3, 2013 at 4:16:09 am

[David Buckner] "If I wanted to use the biggest frame size possible, would I downconvert it to NTSC-DV? Is there anyway to capture the footage but not have it down convert, and it still be in 4:3?"
I don't think so.
The camera can puts out through FW only standard sizes (HDV or DV), and FC is able to capture through FW only the same standards.
Anyway, you can try the HDV capture preset and see if its works.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]