FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ambarella AVC encoder/KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lynette Gilbert
Ambarella AVC encoder/KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera
on Feb 1, 2013 at 6:54:52 am

I have a client that gave me about 40 files that are terrible quality. When I play them in Quicktime (just because there are so many files, it's easier to preview before converting so I'm not converting stuff I don't need), they're jerky and the audio distorts (it has the same crunchy sound as wind). It's also quite pixelated. The format is Ambarella AVC encoder, which I've never heard of before. The video was taken on a KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera.

I converted them to ProRes using a few different programs (thinking perhaps it just doesn't want to play in Quicktime), but the quality is still exactly the same. I'm assuming that there's something wrong with the original files, but from what I've found online, it seems like they should play (and convert) with no problem. Does anyone has experience with these files before I tell the client that the files he sent are unusable?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Ambarella AVC encoder/KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera
on Feb 1, 2013 at 12:59:58 pm

Hi Lynette,
The are many codecs that QT can not play, but when it play them normally play the stuff as it is.
I would have a look with VCL to see if QT is doing something wrong, or the files are that crappy.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Lynette Gilbert
Re: Ambarella AVC encoder/KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera
on Feb 2, 2013 at 2:12:56 pm

I've tried playing it in about 4 different programs, but I never use VLC, so I gave it a try. Nope. It has to be the files. I emailed the client yesterday, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]