FORUMS: list search recent posts

offline files, unspecifed path

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Holly Buechel
offline files, unspecifed path
on Jan 31, 2013 at 10:13:57 pm

Hello all,
I am working in FCP 7 on a duplicate drive to my producer so we could both work from home and send each other FCP project files. It's been working fine so far, but she sent me a project recently and all of the media is offline. Not only offline, but when I try to find the Source path, it is blank and says: "" is missing. I know the media is not missing because I can see the file name and I have the same stuff on my drive. The thing that might be off is that the clips have become Merged Clips, organized by an assistant before I came on, and the clips were run through Pluraleyes to sync (but on my drive). Is the fact that the clips are Merged the reason why I can't reconnect them on my system? How is she able to open my projects but I can't open hers?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: offline files, unspecifed path
on Feb 1, 2013 at 7:13:27 pm

Do you mean "duplicated", or do you mean "CLONED"?

There is a big difference. One means, "they're kinda close", the other means, "they're identical in every way possible".

I also hope you and your producer share the same footage on identical models of drives from the same manufacturers, that your project files are located in the precise same location on each of these drives and that you're saving your project incrementally.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Holly Buechel
on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:20:37 pm

I mean duplicated. But I don't think she has my merged clips on her drive. I guess I'm unclear how merged clips work since I don't use them in my own workflow.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:27:46 pm

In order for your collaboration to work effectively, the two drives need to be IDENTICAL. There can't be any differences.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]