FORUMS: list search recent posts

System officially "squirrely" (SBBOD returns after clean install)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberry
System officially "squirrely" (SBBOD returns after clean install)
on Jan 31, 2013 at 9:33:55 pm

Squirrely i can't be serious. I am serious...and stop calling me...oh nevermind...

A week ago, after a week or so of persistent SBBOD's, i decided to do a complete reinstall. But first i zapped the PRAM, started in Safe Mode, all to no avail. Did the reinstall - then quickly cloned that drive and put the clone on the shelf...and it was flawless for a few days...then the SBBOD returned. I just zapped the PRAM again, Safe Mode...still here. A hard reboot is the only thing that gets rid of it. Oh...also, in the midst of the reinstall, i tried out Mountain Lion (on my Mac Pro 4.1). Nada. New clean install of Snow Leopard brought me back, and it is that install that i cloned. Any ideas?

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Mac Pro
6GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: System officially "squirrely" (SBBOD returns after clean install)
on Jan 31, 2013 at 10:11:53 pm

Given all the steps you've tried my next guess is that maybe you have a bad RAM chip.

I'm assuming nothing is plugged into the computer (peripheral devices), that your drivers for the video card are correct for the OS you're running and that you don't have any plugins installed. If any of these are the case you may try troubleshooting those one by one to see if they resolve the issue.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

tad newberry
Re: System officially "squirrely" (SBBOD returns after clean install)
on Feb 1, 2013 at 2:50:40 am

TechTool 5 said all RAM was dandy, and the drives have all checked out, so ya i'm guessing its' some plug-in or something. Here we go back to that backup disc...

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Mac Pro
6GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]