FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Grading

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Denis Plesca
FCP7 Grading
on Jan 30, 2013 at 6:26:23 pm

Hello, I am new to the editing world, just started to play with colour correction, but I find that once I am happy with my colour correction, in order to play it back I have to render it and once it's rendered the actual colour correction changes, it's different from what I initially done. Has anyone else encountered this ? am I missing an important step to prevent any further changes to the colour correction during the rendering process?

And anyway, should I have to render every time I make a colour correction on the timeline ?

Please help.

Thanks

Den

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 Grading
on Jan 30, 2013 at 7:26:48 pm

Are you using the 3-way color corrector? It's a real time plugin, so if you are editing with footage compressed into an FCP editing codec, and your clip settings match your sequence settings, you shouldn't have to render at all.

And if your footage is in an FCP editing codec (ProRes), then the colors should stay the same when rendered. If, however, you are trying to edit H.264 media natively, you will be required to constantly render, and the colors will not remain consistent. FCP doesn't work with H.264 media well.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]