FORUMS: list search recent posts

2nd display from the new LaCie 2Big HD?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harri Palm
2nd display from the new LaCie 2Big HD?
on Jan 30, 2013 at 6:10:02 pm

I currently run FCP 7 on a brand new MacBook Pro. I use the Thunderbolt port into a Thunderbolt to VGA adapter (third party) to run an external Asis 27" display. It all works quite well. But...

Right now I use a LaCie d2 Firewire 800 external HD as my scratch but would like to upgrade to the new LaCie 2Big Thunderbolt. I want to then run my external display (still using the adapter) off the second Thunderbolt port on the 2Big. Is this possible? My local Apple authorized store was very sceptical although they had never tested it, in fact, they haven't even sold a 2Big yet.

Has anyone done this? Am I going in the right direction. I don't want to pop for the 2Big (+$500) and find out the setup can't be done.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Harri Palm
Re: 2nd display from the new LaCie 2Big HD?
on Feb 1, 2013 at 1:41:19 pm

As this is my first foray into the CC forums I would like to thank you all for the amazing response. (sound of crickets chirping)
H. out.

Return to posts index

William Carr
on Feb 3, 2013 at 7:11:40 am

You asked if it was possible and if anyone had done it.

The lack of quick response is your answer-- in the couple of days since you asked, no one who has read the post has done it, or knows if it is possible. This forum is in fact amazing, precisely for its depth of response overall and the free info, wisdom, and shared experiences.
Your first post didn't deliver the results you wanted, perhaps your 2nd post, the next query you, have will.

This might help somewhat:
http://www.macworld.com/article/1163773/thunderbolt_how_devices_affect_each...

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Harri Palm
on Feb 3, 2013 at 3:04:26 pm

I appreciate the reply. I admit at the time I was somewhat miffed and perturbed at how difficult this question has been to answer. I have tried on a few other forums as well with with one saying yes it can be done and others saying they are not sure. This documentary project is a low budget affair and the thought of dropping $550 on something that won't work for me makes me cringe.

The next time I post at CC I will be more patient. It is indeed a great resource.

Harri

Return to posts index

William Carr
on Feb 3, 2013 at 5:59:40 pm

Just for giggles also try LaCie tech support.

Timing and financing aside, in the big picture money spent on a large, fast drive is always an upgrade to your assets.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]