FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting my film onto a 4.7Gb DVD?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaz Parvez
Getting my film onto a 4.7Gb DVD?
on Jan 30, 2013 at 4:16:40 pm

Hi

Apologies if I'm missing something simple here...I have a HiDef film that is 16Gb in size. How do I get this onto a 4.7Gb DVD?

I use FCP-X and I also have Compressor - Does that come into play somewhere? Obviously, I don't want the image quality to suffer too much.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Getting my film onto a 4.7Gb DVD?
on Jan 30, 2013 at 5:01:12 pm

You need to compress it into the DVD format, and have DVD authoring software. Apple no longer believes that DVD delivery is needed...at least not from them. They no longer make DVD authoring software. They USED to... DVD Studio Pro and iDVD.

What we do with the OLDER versions of FCP and Compressor is export a self contained QT file, take that into Compressor and choose one of the DVD presets, and compress it to MPEG-2. Then take the resulting files, bring those into DVD Studio Pro and author the DVD. But FCX doesn't come with DVD Studio Pro...nor does Apple make it anymore.

But, you might have iDVD. So take your 16GB file into iDVD and use that to compress for DVD.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chaz Parvez
on Jan 31, 2013 at 12:40:25 pm

Thanks very much for the info - It's much appreciated and I'll have a play this weekend.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jan 31, 2013 at 10:23:22 pm

[Shane Ross] "Apple no longer believes that DVD delivery is needed..."

Really? Not even in a "Share" dialogue? I thought there was provision at least for a BluRay output????

Why not upload the video to FaceBook and then download it to everywhere... isn't that the way Apple wants it to play?

Oh, well.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 31, 2013 at 10:41:45 pm

[Joseph Owens] "Really? Not even in a "Share" dialogue? I thought there was provision at least for a BluRay output????"

Oh..right, duh. Easy to forget that when you don't use FCX.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]