FORUMS: list search recent posts

What will we do about H.265?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
What will we do about H.265?
on Jan 28, 2013 at 5:24:05 pm

So I hear its been approved, and I can predict everyone will be jumping on it to save bandwidth. Will our FCP 7 systems be able to deal with it, or will we need some transcoding app to convert it in and out?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: What will we do about H.265?
on Jan 28, 2013 at 5:38:04 pm

FCP can't deal with H.264...what makes you think it will deal with H.265? FCP 7 always needed footage to be converted to an FCP editing codec...that won't change. Especially since it hasn't been updated in 4 years, and won't ever be updated.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeff York
on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:05:31 pm

As Shane alluded to, H.264 (and I would think H.265) are really delivery codecs, not production codecs. The question is really when/if will Apple incorporate it into a new version of Compressor. Then the assumption will be that us FCP7 hangers-on will be able to still "Send to Compressor" as we always have.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 28, 2013 at 5:49:56 pm

The H265 belong to the new generation HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), which are an improvement of the H264/MP4/AVCHD family (same than those are an improvement of the MPEG-2).
As soon as somebody writes a QT Component for the codec, should be available to use by QT/FC&Co.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]