FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is this effect?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Martin
What is this effect?
on Jan 27, 2013 at 10:41:54 pm

Here's the video:

The effect I'm trying to recreate is the slight texture/flicker that's on top of the whole film. You can see it best when there are solid chunks of color. It's like a dirty film effect or something. Just a subtle flickering texture that adds interest. Can anyone tell me what the effect is and how to create it in FCP? I have FCP7 with Magic Bullet Looks installed (school computers) but that's the only plug-in I have, I think.

Thanks for any help at all.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: What is this effect?
on Jan 27, 2013 at 11:52:47 pm

Hard to tell the exact effect they used as there are a few that can do this.
The 3 I have that come to mind quickly are

Gen Arts Sapphire - Film Damage
Stylize effects - Bad Film ( I think this is a standard FCP one)
Nattress Film Effects - Old Projector.

They have applied the effect quite subtly but all three of those let you add, weave, hair, scratches, etc etc to get that slightly damaged film look.

There are bound to be a good few more that others have used as its quite a well used technique.

best wishes

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
Re: What is this effect?
on Jan 28, 2013 at 1:23:02 pm

Thanks Neil. I'll give the Bad Film filter a try today to see if I can add some of that in. I appreciate the quick response.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 All Rights Reserved