FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP and/or Camera won't Log and Transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan MacDonald
FCP and/or Camera won't Log and Transfer
on Jan 26, 2013 at 11:39:04 pm

Hello,

I need some major help. I'm trying to log and transfer footage from my camera to my computer and I am getting problems on both ends.

I just got a Panasonic AG-AC90, capturing all the footage on SDHC and SDXC cards and when I plug in the USB port to log and transfer, an FCP error pops up, 'The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer." Anybody have this issue before?

Is it because my software is not compatible with AVCHD? I'm running a mac OS X 10.5.8 and FCP 6.0.6.

I know FCP is not really compatible with AVCHD, but I can't even log and transfer the files over. I'm using a USB cable to connect to the computer and camera. I looked at the manual and I couldn't find an answer there. And other forums don't have anything I could find related to this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm not smart enough to figure out on my own.

Thanks,

Ryan

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP and/or Camera won't Log and Transfer
on Jan 27, 2013 at 4:52:23 am

That may be a problem of how you set the camera.
Anyway, you can try to plug your cards through an USB card reader.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Ryan MacDonald
on Jan 27, 2013 at 5:04:30 pm

Thanks Rafael.

What's the best card reader for SDHC and SHXC cards? I bought a dynex that claimed to read XC, but after trying a couple of them as well as reviews online, it's pretty clear that dynex can't handle XC's.

Ryan

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 28, 2013 at 11:27:17 am

Hy Ryan,
Don't know much about SHXC cards, but I think any SDHC reader would work with them and there are plenty of cheap SDCH readers.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jan 28, 2013 at 1:17:10 pm

I don't know about the compatibility of SDXC cards in SDHC readers either, but I'd also guess that they are compatible. Regardless, I'd recommend that you ALWAYS copy the card to your computer using a card reader (not USB to camera) for three reasons. 1- To keep a copy of the original media 2- to avoid using such a slow connection to the media for Log and Transfer and 3- avoid any potential problems/damage to your camera/media during transfer (like if the battery dies or cable accidentally removed during transfer).

I copy all my cards to a dedicated "SD Cards Backup" external drive, then Log and transfer from that drive to my editing RAID (nowadays its just import to FCPX for me).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]