FORUMS: list search recent posts

Script for deleting frames

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lykkelige Larsen
Script for deleting frames
on Jan 25, 2013 at 11:57:08 pm

I want to delete every second frame of my clip to to make it look more like a stop motion, can anyone recommend a script for Final Cut or an application?

I'm not going to do it frame by frame, that will be to many hours.

See that the question has been post earlier about a year ago without finding any simple solution, hope that something has been developed in the meantime.

Thanx
Daniel

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Script for deleting frames
on Jan 26, 2013 at 2:39:39 am

Two easy solutions:
- Speed up the footage 200% (uncheck "Frame blending"), nest the clip and slow it down 50%, UNCHECKING the "Frame Blending" (important).
- Use the "Strobe" Filter.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Lykkelige Larsen
on Jan 26, 2013 at 7:20:24 am

Thanx for the info Rafael, tried it and it works but still have to admit that it's not 100% doing what I'm looking for, want it's still to "smooth", even if I set the Strobe rate at 60. Are looking for something that removes the frames. Any idea?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 26, 2013 at 12:33:31 pm

I don't catch it.
FC play at standard time-bases.
If you just eliminate frames, the movie will speed up when played at the standard time-base.
If you wan't the movie to play at normal speed but looks like a stop-motion movie, you need to eliminate frames but also to repeat the previous frames to feel the place of those eliminated.

Speeding up the movie and slowing it down the same amount (keeping "Frame blending" unchecked), will do that. You may need to slow it down more.
rafael

Return to posts index

Lykkelige Larsen
on Jan 26, 2013 at 8:58:05 pm

Slowing it down even more helps, but I ended up at a solution where I make freeze frames every 15th frame, resulting in big "jumps" in the film, then extending the duration of each frame. It's time consuming, but is closer to the effect I'm looking for.

Return to posts index

Lykkelige Larsen
on Jan 26, 2013 at 9:51:13 pm

This is what I'm trying to achieve, but I'm not really able to find a good workflow for it:

00076 from Paida on Vimeo.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 27, 2013 at 4:16:22 am

That has been shoot with low shutter speed.
You can get that with some strobe and adding motion blur, or with something like the Sapphire "Time Average".
rafael

Return to posts index

Lykkelige Larsen
on Jan 28, 2013 at 6:45:44 pm

Actually I see that the strobe effect is all what I need, it for me resembles the stop motion effect perfectly.

Thanx for all info Rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]