FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dumb moment... Edited an entire timeline in 60fps that was 24fps footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wes chappell
Dumb moment... Edited an entire timeline in 60fps that was 24fps footage
on Jan 24, 2013 at 7:48:51 pm

Okay, so before everyone starts slamming me... i know i messed up... that's why im here.

I was editing a music video for a web startup and working off of a timeline the DP/Director was working on. FCPX.

Turns out the timeline was set at 60fps even though they swear they had only dropped in 23.98 fps footage. (fcpx was set to convert the timeline to the same attributes as the first video in Soooo i don't believe them, anyways....).

Well it wasn't caught until the entire cut was set and now the DP/Director wants to keep using the 60fps timeline (we ran divinci on it already and have exported our final draft).

What would be the repercussions of taking the timeline that we have exported as a 60fps apple 4444 and dropping it into a 23.98 fps timeline and re-exporting out in h.264 format?

Loss? artifacts? I'm just trying to get some options to see if it's viable to switch at this juncture or cut losses and move on.

The reason I ask is, I'm uploading to Vimeo and Youtube and I want to make sure that it's not going to futz with the quality of the video.

THANKS!

W

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Dumb moment... Edited an entire timeline in 60fps that was 24fps footage
on Jan 25, 2013 at 12:12:53 am

Post in the FCPX forum. You'll get a better response. This is the FCP1-7 area (i.e. legacy).

http://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

wes chappell
Re: Dumb moment... Edited an entire timeline in 60fps that was 24fps footage
on Jan 25, 2013 at 3:59:30 am

Thanks ryan. Will do.
cheers,
wes

Return to posts index