FORUMS: list search recent posts

Match hue eyedropper behaving very strangely

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Liss
Match hue eyedropper behaving very strangely
on Jan 23, 2013 at 11:04:08 pm

So I'm editing together a two camera interview, and I'm trying to do color matching. I've converted both clips to ProRes and dropped them in a ProRes sequence, however when I go to sample a color using the match hue eyedropper, it gives a very weird, almost random result. Wherever I click, it gives me some muted shade of green, blue, or brown, even if I'm sampling from the clip itself. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Match hue eyedropper behaving very strangely
on Jan 24, 2013 at 5:36:44 pm

You're probably not clicking on the precise pixel you want. Typically, what seems to be a solid color is actually made up of pixels of different colors.

You may have better luck with the 3-way color Corrector or Apple's Color.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Adam Liss
on Jan 24, 2013 at 9:53:59 pm

I don't think so, because it's WAY off. Like if I click on a well-lit area of skin, it'll give me like dark blue or something.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 25, 2013 at 4:21:45 pm

Time to use the 3-way color corrector, Apple's Color or a third-party plugin. The effect you selected is no magic wand, that's for sure.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Callan
on Jul 29, 2013 at 9:40:31 am

Adam,
Did you ever find a solution to this issue?
I'm experiencing the same thing at the minute,
Thanks,
Nick.

Return to posts index

Adam Liss
on Jul 29, 2013 at 6:18:03 pm

Shoot, sorry, it was a while ago so I don't really remember. I think it's possible I just restarted my computer and it started working but, if that doesn't help, you can maybe try trashing your FCP preferences, a la here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1846

Return to posts index

Jan Laidlaw
on Oct 20, 2013 at 8:30:09 pm

I am in Color Corrector 3-way in FCP7 and my eyedropper is also behaving this same strange way. I click on gold, I get green. I click on white, I get brown, sometimes purple.

I seem to be totally unable to use match hue and I pretty much stumped.

Did anyone find a solution for this? I'm a little hesitant to delete preferences if that doesn't fix the problem.

At first my eyedropper wouldn't pick up color at all. Then when I rebooted I got the strange random colors.

Frustrating!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 21, 2013 at 5:25:23 pm

[Jan Laidlaw] "I'm a little hesitant to delete preferences if that doesn't fix the problem."

No need to worry about that: Digital Rebellion has a freebie FCP preferences app that resets the preferences, but keeps all your preference settings. It's highly-recommended for this purpose.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]