FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conforming 25i footage to 24p

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Cooper
Conforming 25i footage to 24p
on Jan 23, 2013 at 8:41:58 pm

Guys,

I have some 25i pal footage that needs to be converted to 24p. I've tried using compressor, and cinema tools to make the conversion but I'm still getting frame jumps. I believe the core of the problem is that the pal footage is interlaced. Anybody have a clue as to how to to this effectively? (using fcp7, compressor, cinema tools)

Cheers...

Ryan C

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
Re: Conforming 25i footage to 24p
on Jan 23, 2013 at 9:54:50 pm

You can do a high quality de-interlace in Compressor keeping it at 25p. Then you can open the clip in Cinema Tools and conform the clip to 23.98 or 24p. I believe there is a way to do it in Compressor but this is how I usually do it. If you need it to run at it's original speed you will neeed to do a speed change on the clip. I like to use Twixtor.

Return to posts index

Simon Modery
on Jan 24, 2013 at 9:28:51 am

If you don't have Twixtor you can also use the Speed change on "Motion". It produces better results than the speed change in FCP or Compressor. "Optical Flow" is the best interpolation setting, but it might create warping artefacts you can't do anything about (here "Twixtor Pro" is far superior) and you will be faced with very long processing times.

Head of Postproduction
Motherlode

http://www.simonmodery.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 24, 2013 at 1:18:46 pm

You have lots of options for good deinterlacing, inside FC (Re_Vision FieldsKit --the best available in a Mac_ and Natress), or out of FC (Compressor, Jess Deinterlacer -free).
Then, conform to p24 in CinemaTools.
rfael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]