Moving files to Harris server

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shinoj Krishnan
Moving files to Harris server
on Jan 23, 2013 at 8:38:45 am

Hello all,

not sure if the entire message can be made clearer than this

i need to export MOV from FCP (XDCAM HD 422-1080i-50 Mbps) and then transfer this to our production server which is Harris, as harris will not allow native quicktime, i am exporting using quick time conversion on FCP with the settings (but problem is only 2 tracks), real problem is when i export the movie harris server only accepts the file when i CHECK the "prepare for internet streaming" option, if unchecked the file is rejected. puzzled why this happens as i dont know what this particular setting changes on the mov file.

any help pls?
thank you all,

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Moving files to Harris server
on Jan 23, 2013 at 3:45:01 pm

[shinoj Krishnan] " i am exporting using quick time conversion on FCP with the settings (but problem is only 2 tracks),"
If you export with QT Conversion, you will get only 2 audio channel, but if you export a self contained movie and then convert with QT, you can keep all the audio channels.

[shinoj Krishnan] "i need to export MOV from FCP (XDCAM HD 422-1080i-50 Mbps) and then transfer this to our production server which is Harris, as harris will not allow native quicktime,"
Bit contradictory. You say that the HARRI not allow native QT, then you say that accept it when the "prepare for streaming" was checked.

Anyway, you can try rewraping the XDCAM-422HD as MFX. The HARRIS might like the files.
Here you have a free rewrapper:
http://www.convergent-design.com/Downloads/nanoFlash.aspx
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

shinoj Krishnan
on Jan 23, 2013 at 7:23:25 pm

[shinoj Krishnan] " i am exporting using quick time conversion on FCP with the settings (but problem is only 2 tracks),"
If you export with QT Conversion, you will get only 2 audio channel, but if you export a self contained movie and then convert with QT, you can keep all the audio channels.

(shinoj)im doing this qt conversion so that harris can accept it, but wl check whether the above will fix it or not,

[shinoj Krishnan] "i need to export MOV from FCP (XDCAM HD 422-1080i-50 Mbps) and then transfer this to our production server which is Harris, as harris will not allow native quicktime,"
Bit contradictory. You say that the HARRI not allow native QT, then you say that accept it when the "prepare for streaming" was checked.

(shinoj)i mean when i export the movie it wont accept but only accepts the qt converted with the prepare for streaming checked. may i know what does this setting change on the file?

Anyway, you can try rewraping the XDCAM-422HD as MFX. The HARRIS might like the files.
Here you have a free rewrapper:
http://www.convergent-design.com/Downloads/nanoFlash.aspx
rafael

(shinoj) thanks rafael for the wrapper, but is this stable for a machine used at critical areas? the calibrated plugin which i tried for mxf import was creating some issues, and then i had to remove it.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 24, 2013 at 1:27:47 am

[shinoj Krishnan] "(shinoj) thanks rafael for the wrapper, but is this stable for a machine used at critical areas? the calibrated plugin which i tried for mxf import was creating some issues, and then i had to remove it."
Give a try. Is free and I know many people is using it for cross platform.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

shinoj Krishnan
on Jan 27, 2013 at 10:41:13 am

thanks rafael,
sounds good...will update here how it goes, meanwhile also trying the sony xdcam transfer plugin which now seems working good

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]