FORUMS: list search recent posts

script to apply an offset to a series of images?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Bach
script to apply an offset to a series of images?
on Jan 20, 2013 at 5:04:47 pm

Hi all

Current project involves a large sequence of time lapse still images. FCP handles this nicely so far. Once I have the set of images sitting on the timeline I then want to move each image over to the right (+ve x direction)by 120 pixels. Easy to do per image but I need to apply this offset to hundreds of images. Has anyone used Apple script or FXscript or ?? to do this to a series of still images? Is there another way to do it that I am missing?

Jeff Bach
Quietwater Films
Madison, WI.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: script to apply an offset to a series of images?
on Jan 20, 2013 at 8:08:57 pm

Assuming you want to keep them in tact as a sequence, just nest them, then adjust the nest position.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 21, 2013 at 3:26:40 am

[Jeff Bach] "Current project involves a large sequence of time lapse still images. FCP handles this nicely so far. Once I have the set of images sitting on the timeline I then want to move each image over to the right (+ve x direction)by 120 pixels. Easy to do per image but I need to apply this offset to hundreds of images. Has anyone used Apple script or FXscript or ?? to do this to a series of still images? Is there another way to do it that I am missing?"
If all the images has the same center point (0,0):
- Change the center for the first still (120,0).
- Then click on the still and "Copy" (Cmd-C).
- Select all the stills on the sequence and LEFT-Click > Paste Attributes > Basic Motion.
All the stills will get the new center point.

[Bret Williams] "Assuming you want to keep them in tact as a sequence, just nest them, then adjust the nest position."
That don't work. You will get a black band on one side.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 21, 2013 at 4:43:32 am

Of course you're right. I was thinking like an animated sequence, where either method will leave the band. But if these images have extra space, then paste attributes would work. Or nest them in a comp larger than the current sequence. For example nest them, then simply change the nest size to 3000 x 3000 or whatever is needed to see the extra image. I do it all the time.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 21, 2013 at 5:30:05 am

I know you had your head on something else, Bret :-)
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]