FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Error: Out of Memory" Message

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Keipper
"Error: Out of Memory" Message
on Jan 18, 2013 at 6:27:36 pm

Hello!

So here's the issue: when attempting to render a sequence I'm encountering the dreaded "Error: Our of Memory" message. I'm getting this error on images (.jpgs, .tiffs, .pngs, all smaller than 4000 pixels) as well as text and lower 3rds. I'm working in Final Cut Pro 7 on an Apple Pro Res 422 sequence.

Let me start by saying I've been googling this issue for some time. I know all of the basics (all of my images should be RGB, smaller than 4000, etc.) and none of them apply here. I've been working with this sequence for a couple months and the errors only started this week

The biggest elements that are confounding me are:
1.) When I open up the project on another system, everything will render without error or issue. Same external harddrive being used as the scratch folder, same drive with all the same data, just a different system, so it seems like it has to be something with my system in particular.
2.) At random, the error will stop appearing and let me render, and then at random, it will start again. I'll try to render a text clip, it will give me the error. An hour later (without having opened/closed Final Cut or anything) I'll try to render it again and it will work. Then I'll receive the error again with another clip some time later.

I'm thinking it could be an issue with my RAM or something? I'm not really sure, but if anyone has any ideas or advise, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: "Error: Out of Memory" Message
on Jan 21, 2013 at 2:56:34 pm

Delete preference files and use disk warrior for your system drive.

Return to posts index

Alex Keipper
on Jan 21, 2013 at 6:33:58 pm

Thanks so much! I trashed my preferences and rebuilt permissions with Disk Warrior and it appears to have fixed the problem.

Return to posts index

Patricia Boiko
on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:42:55 am

I am having the same problem. I used disk warrior to rebuild all the directories of my drives but it didn't help. Could you please tell me exactly how you "trashed your preferences". Which preferences and how did you get rid of them. How did you rebuild permissions with disk warrior?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]