FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP crash....all favorites disappear,even last auto save is some very old save...overlay resumes to default

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mudh Mark
FCP crash....all favorites disappear,even last auto save is some very old save...overlay resumes to default
on Jan 17, 2013 at 11:58:44 am

I don't know how to handle this I have mountain Lion and FCP.....I have made two sub folders in favorite foder in the browser....now I tried copy pasting my favorite effects in it after checking each effect....usually while doing so it crashed a couple of times on some specific effects....and everytime I lost the preferred checks,comments,copy pasted effects in favorites etc and it resumed to almost default.....since I have known specific settings and location for SAVE VAULT I thought last saved overlay of FCP with updated favorites folder would be found (I was constantly saving with option command s)but .....even the last auto save had some previous stage of my work and not latest.... wasted two days doing the same don't know why all the save disappears....
I tried trashing preferences but there is no final cut p list and other final cut files in the library > preferences tab.....my save vault is on the NON system disk....or second disk.....PLZ HELP

Return to posts index

Ian Brown
Re: FCP crash....all favorites disappear,even last auto save is some very old save...overlay resumes to default
on Feb 14, 2013 at 11:54:15 am

Use this free app to automatically trash preferences.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Shut down FCP 7, open PreferenceManager and in the window that appears:-

1. Ensure that only FCP 7 is selected.

2. Click Trash

The job is done instantly and you can re-open FCP 7.

There is absolutely no danger in trashing preferences and you can do it as often as you like.

The preferences are kept separately from FCP and if there aren't any when FCP opens it automatically creates new ones . . . instantly.

Many weird things happen as a result of corrupt preferences which can create a vast range of different symptoms, so whenever FCP stops working properly in any way, trashing the preferences should be the first thing you do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]