FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ways to visually spice up a fashion clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernesto Breliere-Capaldi
Ways to visually spice up a fashion clip
on Jan 16, 2013 at 9:23:35 am

Hello,

I'm soliciting your advice again regarding a roughly 4 minutes edit I'm making for the launching of a makeup brushes collection. It is to be screened on a wall without a soundtrack because there will be a dj playing music around 130 bpm.

The edit is a mix of brushes pack shots, catwalks and backstage rushes. Although the rushes themselves are quite dynamic, I'm looking for little smart and creative tricks to add such as flashes, colors, playing around with filters, speed, scale, cropping any visual trick you would use in order to add distraction for the eyes.

This is an extreme version, with too many images to my taste but it gives you an idea of what I have in mind:http://www.makeupforever.fr/webtv/bonus/making-of-look-aqua-shadow.html,9,46,0,0,457#.UPZvL4WhomU

Looking forward to your suggestions !
Many thanks
Ernesto

Long live the Cow

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Ways to visually spice up a fashion clip
on Jan 16, 2013 at 4:00:58 pm

The answers are in the clip you sent. Various wipes, frame rates, filters and keys. Reverse engineer the shots and effects you like. Also, boost the color saturation about 25% and add a little contrast to make it look a bit edgier.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 16, 2013 at 4:18:35 pm

I really love the color grade of that sample. They used lots of Light Leak (Film Flash) type of effects which can be purchased right here on the COW if you don't have any. Very cool stuff.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Ernesto Breliere-Capaldi
on Jan 17, 2013 at 12:02:16 pm

Thank you Joe, Steven, I suppose the best is to experiment a little bit. I just wondered whether there was one effect you were particularly fond of.

THanks again
Ernesto

Long live the Cow !

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 19, 2013 at 7:05:58 am

I think the clients will be real fond of the light leak look. However, I think a cool color look is a must have for a fashion video.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]