FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interlacing problems while exporting my project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bijoyini Chatterjee
Interlacing problems while exporting my project
on Jan 16, 2013 at 2:16:28 am

Hi,

I have tried to look for an answer in this forum and others for my problem and have not found a satisfactory response. Please -- any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

I shot my documentary on a SONY A1U HDV camera. I am using FCP 7.0 on MAC OSX 10.6.8

The Sequence setting is:

1440x1080 60i
Upper (Odd) dominance

5236_screenshot20130115at7.14.08pm.png.zip

I export the sequence with Current Settings as well as as Apple ProRes 1440x1080 60i and in both cases I see interlacing artifacts! I can't seem to get rid of it.
Since the exported MOV file (MPEC-2 codec) has the interlacing artifacts, any kind of compression will have the same!

Any suggestions on how I can avoid this without having to use the de-interlacing filter of FCP. I have heard that people are not happy with the FCP de-interlacing filter.

Thanks a lot,
Bijoyini

http://www.oniricaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Interlacing problems while exporting my project
on Jan 16, 2013 at 3:16:10 am

How is the program being shown? If it for broadcast interlaced is normal. If you are seeing artifacts on a computer screen that is also normal. So if your program is only for the web then deinterlacing is appropriate.

If for DVD to be shown on TVs then interlacing is OK. You need to burn a DVD and watch it on a TV to see if you really have an interlace issue. You can deinterlace in Compressor when making your mpeg2 file using frame controls. It does a much better job than the deinterlace plugin in FCP.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jan 16, 2013 at 1:37:25 pm

ya, you're seeing interlaced BECAUSE THE FOOTAGE IS INTERLACED.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Shoot 60i
Edit 60i
Export for DVD or Bluray - leave it 60i.

Export for web or computer screen playback, delinterlace when creating THAT CLIP. (29.97p or 30p)

Chris

Return to posts index

Bijoyini Chatterjee
on Jan 16, 2013 at 2:53:19 pm

Thanks! I work professionally with XDCAM and used this to make my documentary. Hence the unfamiliarity with HDV.
For now, the distribution will be web based so I will have to use the de-interlace filter.

Thanks once again.

http://www.oniricaproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]