FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound File Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
Sound File Question
on Jan 16, 2013 at 12:44:04 am

Haven't gotten a very clear answer on this yet, but how do you 'flatten' a sound file (foley sound) imported to FCP from Soundtrack Pro? The files I'm importing are several tracks in depth - but I need each one to be only "one" track. One forum member in the Soundtrack Pro forum, said to go to edit Channels and deselect all but the left and right channels (numbered 1 and 2). I cannot find the "Edit Channel" in the menu anywhere. My Soundtrack Pro is v.2.02

Thanks

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Sound File Question
on Jan 16, 2013 at 1:07:25 am

Are you creating stereo or mono tracks in STP? You may be bringing in dual mono tracks from STP. If that is the case then both tracks are identical so unlink the stereo files and delete one channel.

I don't know STP as I use Fairlight for sound post but it shpould be possible to have mono only tracks to record your foley or VOs in.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jan 16, 2013 at 1:43:36 pm

File~Export~Master Mix.
See Pic:

Chris

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
on Jan 18, 2013 at 9:00:18 am

Thanks also Chris....this cleared a LOT of things for me....I now know what to do!

Jonny

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
on Jan 18, 2013 at 8:53:43 am

Yes, that solved it Michael! I have not used Soundtrack Pro very much, and did not click on the stereo or mono setting when creating a new project. Exports the the way I need it now.
Thanks so much!

Jonny

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]