FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting "Date Created" or "Date Shot" data from encoded AVCHD clips in Final Cut Pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Bianchini
Getting "Date Created" or "Date Shot" data from encoded AVCHD clips in Final Cut Pro?
on Jan 15, 2013 at 7:58:38 am

I am burning mega hours now on a massive assembly edit shot on 3 different AVCHD HD cameras. I encoded them with Final Cut but they are in no order whatsoever so I am moving all over the place between timelines and i have a LONG way to go.

Is there a way to capture the "date shot' data from the camera's original date and time stamp and have that transfered when i do the log and transfer? as of now this data does not show up--just "last modified" and that does no good. maybe there is a software solution that can dig into the files and find this data? at this point it would save me weeks of time so I'd do anything, including re-encode it all again so I could just rename the files and pop them in a timeline in chronological order when shot. any help would be super appreciated. I'd buy ya a pretty tall brew if you came up with a solution!

cheers,

Jamie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]