FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP export from DNxHD?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Davila
FCP export from DNxHD?
on Jan 14, 2013 at 10:54:27 pm

Hi there guys! I love this forums, this is my first post and never had to ask anything as some research would have a solution for every problem I encountered before!!! So to all of you guys... TNX!!!!

Now, I'm working on a workflow and the circumstances are a little funny. Editing is done in Pro Res with FCP7. Color will be done with DaVinci on a PC setup and the colorist is determined to use DNxHD. He will give me the rendered files as well as the XML. Now, for me to open it and export a master file, are there any issues I should be concerned of? Original source comes from a 5D. But my export would be from the files issued by the colorist and that XML, any special setting when creating a master?

Oh yeah, I am exporting an HD master 24fps.

I am not that familiar with DNxHD files from the FCP setup so any experience with this type of workflow would be very appreciated. Ideally, there shouldn't be any problem. But then again if everything was ideal there wouldn't be a Creative Cow forum, lol....

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP export from DNxHD?
on Jan 15, 2013 at 3:03:32 am

Hi Miguel,
I've never worked with DNxHD, but I think that the workflow you propose you can easily get in troubles.
If you google "DNxHD to Prores problems", you can find a long list of issues that you may face when transcoding back the corrected stuff to Prores (Gamma shifts, levels mapping).
Personally I would try to avoid that workflow.
Anyway you should ask or have a look to the COWs "Apple Color" forum
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]