FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 to Premiere issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
German Izquierdo
Final Cut Pro 7 to Premiere issue
on Jan 14, 2013 at 6:23:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a solution to this problem and can't seem to find it. It may be a very simple thing (I hope!).

I'm using FCP 7 to edit RED footage and have decided to switch over to Premiere. To do this, I export an XML of the bins in FCP and then import this into Premiere. Everything seems to be fine, the hierarchy works (some REDCODE sequences don't import, but that's fine). The problem is all the audio is missing.

I synced the Video/Audio of the whole project in FCP7 and would need this syncing to appear in Premiere. Right now it acts as if it didn't even exist.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere CS6.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Return to posts index

German Izquierdo
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 to Premiere issue
on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:47:18 pm

No answers? :-(

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 17, 2013 at 2:14:54 am

Sorry German, sometimes there is no-one who has done this and so no answers from our collective experiences. It might help to explain how you synced audio and what sequences you turned into XML. Were they the sync rushes sequences or an edit sequence based on nesting or sub clipping?

Also the Premier forum might have someone who has done this and either suffered the same fate or knows the correct procedure.

Return to posts index

German Izquierdo
on Jan 17, 2013 at 2:54:12 am

Michael, thanks a lot for the interest. Yeah, I understand, this forum is very active and I always find solutions by just searching, that's why I thought it was strange.

I synced by lining up video and audio in the timeline, linking them, and dragging them back into the bin. I know this is not ''merging'' and may not be proper, so I have made a test by merging clips and the same problem happens.

The sequences are imported fine (with audio and video both working and in sync), it's the bins that have problems. It seems as if Premiere is ignoring that the video/audio clips in the bins are either ''merged'' or ''linked''... It acts as if I didn't link or merge anything.

I have exported XMLs of the whole project, separate bins, separate sequences, etc.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 17, 2013 at 3:01:45 am

I suspect that merge info isn't translated properly by the XML. If you open the sync sequences in Pr is the sync audio there? If so there may be a way to then sub clip or bin them. I don't know Pr so not able to be more specific

It won't help any cut sequences but if you are moving before edit then it might be a way to go.

Return to posts index

German Izquierdo
on Jan 17, 2013 at 3:29:57 am

Michael,

Yeah, the audio in the timeline is fine so I could lay down all the synced clips in a FCP sequence and then open the sequence in PPro and drag each combo into the bin and so finally linking them in PPro... Agh, that's gonna take a while, there's a lottt of footage.

Thanks again and I hope somebody knows of a faster method...

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jan 17, 2013 at 12:53:42 pm

This is a known bug when importing XML into Premiere Pro CS6. The audio is there, but if it has no keyframes, the audio is interpreted at minus infinity level. in order to fix this, you either need to add a keyframe to the audio clips in FCP before you export XML or simply bring up the level of the audio tracks in Premiere Pro.

Sorry for this definite inconvenience!
Dennis

Return to posts index

German Izquierdo
on Jan 17, 2013 at 6:40:25 pm

Hey Dennis,

Thanks a lot, I will try rising the levels but I'm not sure that's the case with my problem because when I pull the clips into the sequence (timeline) they have no audio track...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]