FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD(hmc150) files stuck on SD card!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Duncan
AVCHD(hmc150) files stuck on SD card!
on Jan 13, 2013 at 1:54:26 am

So I deleted a few AVCHD(hmc150) files from an SD card (I was in a hurry and couldn't sort through them all), and now FCP 7 won't recognize the card in "Log and Transfer"!!! I can still view all but 10 clips when the card's in my camera, and the card shows all the files in a finder window. When I try to create a custom path to these files, I get a message that says, ""MTS files" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media." ... Do i need to recover these files via recovery software?? (if so, which one? I have Mac OS X 10.7) or can I unzip, convert, repair, these clips otherwise? please help! thank you -Sam

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: AVCHD(hmc150) files stuck on SD card!
on Jan 13, 2013 at 9:08:19 am

From reading your post it sounds like you've aged with the file structure of the media. This is something you should never do when shooting I'm a card format. The only way to fix it is to recreate it by perhaps creating new folders and naming them the right thing, or renaming foders what they used to be. For example with xdcam clips everything lies in a folder called "bpav". We constantly have issues with people trying to be helpful by renaming that folder to something different (like the date) but it means nothing recognises it for import, so we have to rename it "bpav". To organise, don't rename, or touch anything- simply drag exact of the folders onto your hard drive. If you need help fixing the fil structure I would shoot something else on that camera and copy that file structure. Hope that makes sense.

Tom Morter-Laing
Twitter- @TomTheEditor

iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], 3x G-Tech G-RAID (0) 2TB over Thunderbolt via Sonnet Echo Pro ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt adapter and Tempo™ SATA Pro 6Gb ExpressCard/34.

Return to posts index

Sam Duncan
Re: AVCHD(hmc150) files stuck on SD card!
on Jan 13, 2013 at 9:17:35 am

thanks for your help. I actually just brought my card to a friends computer and was able to import just fine. easy fix! this computer had a newer OS, that may or may not have been a factor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]